If you’re a long-time college football fan like we both are, you know this as “the most wonderful time of the year.” If you’re a long-time watcher of this here little podcast (and we thank you, if you are), you know that bowl season can only mean one thing: The annual ridiculousness we like to call Bowlapalooza.
Yes, for the third consecutive year, we are graciously joined by Braden Gall (@BradenGall) and David Fox (@DavidFox615) of Athlon Sports to talk about four of the approximately 134 bowl games (give or take about 92 or so).
Games discussed in order of appearance:
- Pinstripe Bowl (Dec. 26, 3:30 p.m. EST): Indiana vs. Duke
- AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl (Dec. 29, 9 p.m. EST): LSU vs. Texas Tech
- Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl (Dec. 31, Noon EST): Houston vs. Florida State
- BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl (Jan. 1, 1 p.m. EST): Ohio State vs. Notre Dame
Other topics discussed include:
- How many bowls are too many?
- What the heck is a BattleFrog anyway?
- Why play a football game in a baseball stadium?
- How many Star Wars references can we squeeze into a single podcast?
- How will motivation impact several of the higher-profile teams playing in “lesser” bowl games?
- How can you effectively squeeze bowl viewing into holiday and family responsibilities?
David and Braden also gave us their takes on the College Football Playoff. (Here’s a hint: They’re probably more insightful than ours will be!)
A very happy holiday to you and yours … and enjoy the bowls! Oh, and this dancing potato. You know, because bowl mascots.
Image Credit: MLB.com
Comment Via Facebook
Powered by Facebook Comments