Draft Day Suit MVP Challenge | Draft Day Suit

Draft Day Suit MVP Challenge

First, let me say thanks to Sarah and the rest of the DDS crew for allowing me to suit up (I would say invited – but they didn’t – I begged). It is true I’m coming off of the MUB (Mentally Unable To Blog) list, so you should probably wait on me until the mid-late rounds, as I’m still a non-blogging risk. However, I think I’ve got some value, and could turn out to be a big sleeper for you later in the season. Or not.

Each Fantasy Football Season, I subscribe to one a couple a few way too many websites for draft strategies, start/bench tips, news, etc. Which ones? HA! Like I’m gonna tell you! This year, one of those sites (ok fine, The Huddle) has initiated a members only MVP Challenge. Each week you select a starting lineup of NFL players, comprised of 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, a TE, K and DEF. You can pick any player, from any team. But you can’t use any of those players more than once throughout the season.

If you’ve checked my blog recently (and I’m sure you haven’t – no one else has in months), you’ve no doubt noticed the cobwebs. So it should come as no surprise that I haven’t had time to analyze individual matchups for the full season, or make any intelligent choices on which weeks to burn my Peyton Manning or Larry Johnson plays. And because there is big cash money and a freggin’ trophy presented to the winner, I’ve decided to enlist the help of Team DDS, rather than just go impulse coaching and pull lineups out of my ass each week.

So CLICK HERE, read the rules, and put your suggestions for week one in the comments. Lineups have to be submitted before the beginning of the first game of the week, which (like I have to tell you) is Thursday night. I’ll take a majority rules approach to picking each position based on the submissions.

If we win, we’ll all share in the $10,000, and more importantly: the glory. But I get the trophy. Hey, I paid for the site membership…

pixel Draft Day Suit MVP Challenge

Comment Via Facebook

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

fold-left fold-right
About the author

Comment Via Facebook

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

14 Replies to Draft Day Suit MVP Challenge

WR – Torry Holt
    WR – Santana Moss
    TE – Gates
    K – Michael Koenen
    DEF – Patriots

3. Kemp says:

QB-Warner (against the Cards, you bet)
    RB-Thomas Jones (against weak Pack ‘D’)
    RB-LT
    WR-Muhammed
    WR-Joe Horn
    WR-Santana Moss
    TE-Gates
    K-Jeff Wilkins (may be all the scoring the Rams do against Denver)
    Def-Seahawks

4. CroutonBoy says:

You guys are HIGH burning LTand Gates in the first week of the season. That’s freakin’ crazy talk!

Here’s my picks.

QB – Kurt Warner (while he’s healthy, and against SF)
    RB – Brian Westbrook (while he’s healthy and against HOU)
    RB – Thomas Jones (before he loses carries to Cedric Benson, and against GB)
    WR – Santana Moss (should torch MIN)
    WR – Mushin Muhammed (agree with Sarah…Griese huge upgrade at QB)
    TE – Ben Watson (no one else to throw to…at least for now)
    PK – Jeff Wilkins (just a feeling)
    Def – Washington shall feast

5. Seriously, play the Redskins D quick. They aren’t terrible, but I have a feeling they will be spending a lot of time on the field this year, and it is only a matter of time before they are riddled with injuries.

Besides, except for Brad Johnson (who is old enough to be my babysitter) I don’t even know who is on the Vikings roster this year.

Oh and Tony has a good point about Warner. I change my QB answer. He’ll hurt his hand sooner or later.

6. Chag says:

Avoid the top-tier guys until they have their most favorable matchups. They’re going to get their numbers every week.

However, you might want to look at Shaun Alexander this week. He has a VERY favorable matchup and I don’t know how long he’ll be able to avoid the Madden Curse.

Here’s my picks:

QB: Mark Brunell (play him while he’s healthy; plus, he’s playing the Vikings)
    RB: E. James (He’s running behind that awful Arizona line. Most of the season, they’ll be playing from behind, so he won’t be a factor. SF is awful on defense. This is the week to play him)
    RB: Reuben Droughns (playing the Saints; might be the only game he’s worth starting all year)
    WR: Roy Williams (since he never seems to stay healthy, play him early; plus, they’ll have to pass to keep up with the Seahawks)
    WR: Santana Moss (I guess if I’m telling you to start Brunell, you should start Moss as well)
    WR: K. Johsnon (they’re playing Atlanta; he’ll be looking to introduce himself to the Panthers fans)
    TE: Ben Watson (like CroutonBoy said!)
    K: O. Mare (should be a low-scoring affair; I think this game will be a battle of FGs)
    D: Miami (Charlie Batch at QB)

P.S. DO NOT PLAY BRIAN WESTBROOK. EVER!

7. Chag,

Mark Brunell? Are you high? Vikings or no Vikings, am I the only one who saw that preseason game where the Redskins played New England?

Oh, that’s right. The rest of the country got to watch the Bucs game that night. *scowling*.

Brunell won’t make it through the season. You might not have to worry about him later on. Besides, there aren’t 32 weeks, so you might never have to play Brunell.

8. Matthew says:

LT could be a good choice because he FEASTS on Oakland. I mean Oakland is his bitch. Seriously.

Gates could wait, I’d be okay with Watson.

9. Chag says:

Sarah–

Didn’t you reccomend Santana Moss? How do you think he’s going to get the ball?

You’re right. They didn’t look too great in the PRESEASON. The Colts and Steelers also went a combined 1-7 in the PRESEASON.

10. Okay, you have a point with that Santana Moss thing.

Crap.

How about Larry Fitzgerald instead.

11. Devra says:

But isn’t Warner going to annoy everyone with his religious dogma?

12. Chag says:

With Steve Smith questionable, Keyshawn Johnson becomes a MUST-PLAY in my opinion.

13. He’s right.

Asmuch personal animosity I have toward Keyshawn (which will NEVER approach my level od disdain for Shaq) he should be a lock with Smith out.

14. Chag says:

I can’t stand either one of them either.

Comments are now closed for this article.