And so, here we are again. It’s “the most wonderful time of the year” … otherwise known as bowl season, when we send the Directional Michigans to warmer climes and football games to baseball stadiums. And as is tradition around here, that means it’s also time for our fourth-annual Bowlapalooza.
But, because this is Season 5 of this here little show, we decided to pull out all the stops. Go big or go home. This year, we’re joined by four outstanding guests, providing their insights (as well as their bad puns, insults, and sarcastic remarks) as we talk about six of the (approximately) 2,345 bowl games being played over the next two weeks.
Our gracious guests include:
- Braden Gall (@BradenGall), co-host of “Braden and Fitz” on ESPN’s 102.5 The Game in Nashville and host on Sirius XM’s College Sports Nation.
- David Fox (@DavidFox615), former college sports writer turned “media guy” at Advent, a design firm that specializes in athletic facilities.
- Jake Rose (@JakeRose24), contributor at Athlon Sports and play-by-play broadcaster for the Blue Raider Network/Learfield Sports.
- A.J. Kuftic (@AJKuftic), long-time college football aficionado and official advocate of Pac-12 After Dark.
Games discussed in order of appearance:
- Popeyes Bahamas Bowl (Dec. 23, 1 p.m. EST, ESPN): Eastern Michigan vs. Old Dominion
- Dollar General Bowl (Dec. 23, 8 p.m. EST, ESPN): Ohio vs. Troy
- Quick Lane Bowl (Dec. 26, 2:30 p.m. EST, ESPN): Maryland vs. Boston College
- Motel 6 Cactus Bowl (Dec. 27, 10:15 p.m. EST, ESPN): Boise State vs. Baylor
- Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl (Dec. 30, 3:30 p.m. EST, ESPN): Nebraska vs. Tennessee
- Outback Bowl (Jan. 2, 1 p.m. EST, ABC): Florida vs. Iowa